Skip to main content

Review|Old Swiss Inn: Part Deux, Fondue

Usually you return to a resto because the food is good or you had a great time during your first visit. Our return to Old Swiss Inn was instigated by Chin who was craving for the Chocolate Fondue. Haven't had fondue for the longest time so I was pretty psyched and hungry at the same time. OSI has an ongoing promotion the FONDUE SMORGASBORD All-You-Can-Eat Fondue, it's PhP 750.00 [PhP 915.00 with VAT and SC], Cheese, Beef, and Chocolate. It's running from June 29th to July 15th only [Elars magpakilala ka na]. Oh and NO SHARING!
--

Cheese - I'm not a cheese person so I did not enjoy this course.

Beef - I loved this course and enjoyed all the dipping sauces [I think I had 5 to 6 plates of beef] of and you get fries too! C'mon you skewer meat with a metal fork, fry in hot oil and dip it in sauce what more could you ask for?

Chocolate - I love chocolate, dipping mallows and fruits and some kind of bread in melted chocolate is awesome. I especially like the apples and the bread thing.
--
Though the food and ambiance was still top notch or at least good. The service this time was sort of lackluster. Now I don't know if it's because we're all under 35 the youngest and loudest bunch of customers, or the staff was tired [hey everyone has off nights] but the orders came slow, I mean even water requests took forever [this ticked off my friend who likes to drink water while eating... this ruined his meal actually]. They definitely were not under staffed because I distinctly saw some staff making sure the SMORGASBORD wasn't shared [hey they said no sharing didn't they... deal with it]. The place was about 70% full so again it baffles me that service was poor.
--
My previous review was read by the owner and he/she sent me an email. Just in case you read this don't be too hard on your staff they might have been having an off night or too busy making sure the eat-all-you-can was not abused that they overlooked other parts of serving [I guess management would be the ones who can answer this one what were the directions given to the staff?]. Would I go back? Probably...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings