Skip to main content

Two Self High Fives for Beating Gadget Withdrawal and Getting Thru Week 01 of Project: Smoke-free Bny

Couldn't get back to sleep after I forgot to put my Treo on silent mode SMSes woke me up at 10:30am (slept at around 5:30am). 5 hours, I guess that would have to do. I've decided to have coffee (@ Starbucks) and doughnuts (via Krispy Kreme's drive thru), my impatience got the better of me and I split from the drive thru after waiting for 2 minutes (there were 6 more cars before me). So I'm here at Starbucks theatermall having my ritual brewed coffee sans the doughnuts but with cigs (still on my strict reduction scheme). Didn't get the dougnuts but I'm chalkin' this up to blessings in disguise, I don't need the extra calories anyway.

As for Project Smoke-free Bny (my personal Cigarette Consumption Reduction Program), it's been a tough week 01 but I'm still within my daily allotments. Self High Five! Alright!

I think I'm a bit dehydrated from Friday and Saturday's adventures. I'll probably buy Grape-torade (baby james translation: Grape flavoured Gatorade which is my drink of choice when re-hydrating) before hauling myself home for lunch. Hopefully I can squeeze in a power nap before heading out again this afternoon. IIRC were watching Die Hard 4.0 today (it's released as Live Strong or Die Hard in other territories) most folks are saying it's pretty entertaining.

Gadget Withdrawal vs Gadget Lust:

Gadget Lust - is wanting some gadget because I want it and I know I'd be able to use it and keep it for 3 months or more.
Gadget Withdrawal - is wanting some gadget just because I haven't bought and played with a new toy (er tool) for a few months.

I'm think I've got 'Gadget Withdrawal'. The last piece of tech I bought was my VAIO UMPC way back in March. I posted Friday that I was roaming the tiangge (bazaar) and shops at vmall for a new mobile. Here's the sick part: I was looking for a new mobile that I didn't and don't need. Coming to my senses I decided to deposit the cash I had so I'd have no ready cash to buy something that I don't need and would probably just review for a week or two and sell-off after. Pretty proud for resisting the urge to splurge on something I don't need.

Self High Five! Alright! For those who didn't get that watch the tv series How I Met Your Mother (It's gonna be, LEGEN... Wait for it... DARY!) Hahaha :-)

Vincent Benedict Py Castro
via Treo 750v

The FORCE Will Be With You Always...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]