Skip to main content

Broke Live Messenger on My VAIO

Ok I was about to play around with Window Live for PocketPC on my Treo. There are various reports on it wreaking havoc on the devices contacts when you sync it to your Live Account [aka hotmail account]. Not wanting to mess up my contacts I backed up my device and my outlook PST. I decided to delete everything in Windows Live Messenger but got lazy since it was one by one. I figured if it ties into hotmail I could use that to delete everything so I do a contacts backup [of Live Messenger PC version], log into hotmail and delete everything. Rumaged through my contacts with hotmail/Live messenger accounts and put it in the IM field. Ran Windows Live Messenger on the PPC and everything worked ok! Now when I logged off I couldn't log back on using the VAIO. I tried logging in on WLM8.5 beta on my P4 XP box at work and it went thru. I tried logging on with WLM on my Treo and it goes thru. So something went amiss with WLM8 on my VAIO, I installed WLM8.5 beta on the VAIO hoping it would get fixed still no go. Will try to uninstall WLM8.5 on the VAIO and do re-install. Hope this works. For the meantime I'll be online on Live Messenger via my 750v via Bluetooth [GEEKY I LIKE!!!]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts