Skip to main content

Tips & Tricks|Sending Meeting Request via your PocketPC

Ever wanted to remind your colleagues or friends about an important appointment? Why not let your Windows Mobile PocketPC do it for you?
--
First let us go over what you need:
  1. Windows Mobile PocketPC [I am using a dopod 838 WM5 PocketPC but this should work with older ver of the OS as well]
  2. Connection to the Internet [this may be via Activesync, WiFi, GPRS, GPRS over Bluetooth, etc.]
  3. E-Mail Settings [you may ask your provider about this, for this guide I am using my Google E-Mail account setup on my PocketPC]

STEP 1: Check that you are able to connect to the Internet [fire up your PocketPC's Internet Explorer and browse to any online site].


STEP 2: Check that your E-Mail settings are correct. [I'm sure mine is as I can send and receive my Google E-Mail on my device note: you must enable POP Forwarding in G-Mail settings on your desktop]


STEP 3: Check that you have selected the E-Mail Account you wish to send Meeting Requests from. Open Calendar>Menu>Options... go to the Appointments Tab under Send meeting requests via: select the E-Mail account you wish to use. In this case Google E-Mail is selected.


STEP 4: Make an appointment and fill up the fields as needed. Do not forget to add an Atendee/s this person will be sent an E-Mail of a meeting request. For this test I made an appointment and added myself as an Atendee [with my Yahoo E-mail as intended recipient]


STEP 5: If you check under your E-Mail Account's Outbox you will see an E-Mail created now all you have to do is initiate a Send/receive and your Meeting Request will be sent.


Now to check if my request was sent. You may check the Sent Items folder [provided you enable saving items to Sent Items] to see if your request was sent.


And viola! There it is a meeting request sent to my Yahoo! E-Mail via my Pocket PC.


--
Hope this helps :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts