Skip to main content

bean838 v2

Ok I've been ranting a lot about dopod still not releasing AKU2 for my device [dopod 838 manufacturer's code HTC Wizard WIZA100]... That changes today hehehe
--
Was over at xda-developers [a well known site for 'development' of PocketPCs - specifically Phone Edition devices] anyhoo... there it was an un-official ROM with AKU2 and MSFP it first appeared as a French ROM for the Qtek 9100 [HTC Wizard WIZA200] and has since been released in English and DK [I dunno I think this is Dutch], so this ROM is a TEST ROM, The splash screen even has the words 'Test ROM only not for sale' written on top of the Qtek logo. Before upgrading my ROM I had this:

Now after the ROM update I have this:

So far so good... my device seems a lot faster my boot time went from about a 1:15 to around 0:45 with identical installs really impressive.
--
Still having a play around with the device and I don't see anything negative yet [touch wood]
--
A couple of changes that I noticed:
  1. The Date Plugin [which has remained unchanged for like ages...] has been changed! It now takes up 2 lines. The Day and the Time in one line and the date on the next line. Although this is nice we all know that the Today Screen has limited real estate and this move doesn't really help...
  2. The Battery Icon in the tray has been moved up to the top bar but the time is gone [moved to the date plugin]. Tapping the icon brings you to the power settings page. The Icon is pretty useless since you can't really see how much juice you have left [with just 2 halves there is no way to accurately check your battery level].
  3. The Device Lock now works properly even when Password is enabled. Before the update Device Lock would be unlocked if you had Password enabled and put the device on standby [even if you had password set to lock 2 hrs later]. Glad that this glitch was solved


To me 1 and 2 seem to make the OS a little bit more like the Windows Mobile Smartphone OS [WM5SP]. Remember with WM5 PPC got Soft-Keys from SP, now if you look at an SP's Homescreen [well the default atleast]... The battery bar is up top as well and the day, date and time are a plug-in [also with 2 lines] PPC seems like it is borrowing a lot more from the WM5SP OS...
--
As for A2DP and MSFP... I don't have MS Exchange so I don't think I will be able to use the PUSH E-Mail Functionality of the MSFP well I really don't need my E-Mail with me all the time so this is no big deal really. What I want to use is [of course] A2DP... I'm now looking for a nice set of stereo BT headsets... I heard Motorola's HT820 are good also hearing a lot of good things about Bluetake's iPhono mini and PLUS headsets... Now to find a seller willing to ship to the Philippines.
--
I will post more once I play a bit more with this ROM... :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings