Skip to main content

Review|PDair Dopod 838/VPA Compact II Aluminum Case

When I got home from work last Friday a postal claim stub was waiting for me... sadly it was late and the post office was closed till Monday. So today I swang by the Post Office before going to work to get my package and my 838 now has a new case.
--
First off the case definitely adds some bulk and weight to your device... this is inevitable accept this fact or use your device without a case. I am a bit worried about the way you install your device into the case; there are no clips, velcro, magnets, guides or what not; it is just a tight fit with the neoprene lining. I dunno for how long the device will stay secure in this case. That being said neoprene lining lines the insides of the case [they say this adds some measure of shock absorption]. It has a clear hard plastic covering the screen, meaning you can still do some stuff with the case closed [i.e. answer or make a call, play some d-pad games etc]. Most buttons are accessible thru the case. I say most because the two extra buttons up top the 'Messages' and 'Internet Explorer' button are not accessible with the case closed. The stylus, mini-usb port, headset jack, and miniSD slot are all accessible. With the case open you can actually slide open the thumboard to use it in the case. The backside of the case has cut outs for the camera and photo light [the self-portrait mirror is hidden]. There is an included stud and belt clip. I am not a big fan of belt clips, but if you are this one swivels 360 degrees. I do suggest using a handstrap or neck strap when you use this case as it is very slippery.
--
I took some snaps of the case with and without my 838 and here they are.
--

[Click Image for More]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts