Skip to main content

Tech Road Map '06

I've posted before about a 'Tech Road Map' a sort of informal tech guide to what gadgets I would like to acquire. Now it's time to see just how far I've gotten on my little map.
--
January 2006 Where am I now??? In August 2005, I wanted a notebook and a dedicated audio device. I was able to get myself a notebook and even if there were a few bumps and hiccups here I am using my own notebook! Whee! this is actually the first computer that I solely own, yep no Guests accounts on my notebook! As for the dedicated audio device I have held off on buying one. I'm thinking that audio just wouldn't cut it anymore maybe a PMP [portable media player] so it can handle videos as well :D I've seen the Cowon A2 and the Archos upfront and damn do they have gorgeous screens! The initial infatuation with iPODs have really sputtered to nothing hehehe. So far I'm content with my PPC and a 1GB miniSD for my music and some videos. If you frequent my blog you would know that I've gotten myself a new PocketPC Phone [dopod 838], you would also know that I sold my old PocketPC Phone [i-mate JAM] and WM Smartphone [Motorola MPx 220] just yesterday. I've also been blabbing a lot about Bluetooth and I will probably invest more into Bluetooth gadgets. I plan to buy a new Bluetooth USB dongle and a Stereo Headset, once my 838 supports it. I checked my piggy bank and it's looking a bit anorexic not really the best way to start the new year ey. But hell I think I can even squeeze in a WM5.0 Smartphone into the mix but then again what would I do with it? I just gave away my SUN sim card, and I really don't need 2 phones. It would be cool to play around with the new Smartphones though. I was also thinking about getting a dedicated gaming device [the PSP comes to mind] it is uber cool but just the brand SONY grosses me out... I've read a lot of bad press about SONY and their never ending plan to proprietize everything so you'd be forced to buy SONY stuff which is not really appealing for me, I want a bit more freedom than SONY would ever offer... I'm sure if I get a PSP though that I would probably become less productive at work and I'm already getting flack for that as it is...! The Nintendo GameBoy ADVANCED SP is really cheap already [I saw one for PhP 4,000 at GH yesterday], Hmmm I'd have to think of it some more. It's not something that's keeping me up at night yet so I guess I don't want it as much as I think I want it.
--
Alot more cool stuff are coming out but for now I have a new PPC Phone with a new OS [Windows Mobile 5] to play with.
--
Gadget roundup:
  1. dopod 838 Windows Mobile PocketPC Phone
  2. IXUS 50 5MP DC
  3. MSI M645 Notebook
--
What I intend to buy:
  1. Bluetooth Headset [Stereo]
  2. Bluetooth USB dongle [1.2 or 2.0]
  3. Portable Media Player [PMP] ~ this one I'd have to do a lot more research on, and is not really on top of my list.
  4. Portable Gaming Device ~ this is definitely on the back burner
--
It's time to save some more money to sustain my bottomless gadget appetite! :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings