Skip to main content

Bulk Posts!

January 17, 2006 2:00pm

Airport Chatter...

We didn't get to the airport early (was traveling with my dad who has a penchant for being late) and so we got seats in the middle of the plane. As it was still 45 minutes till boarding I decided to have a few cigarettes and go online so I bought an airborne access pre-paid WiFi card at the smoking lounge (unlike NAIA 1 the smoking lounge in terminal 2 had WiFi) so I was about to go online when the person I was sharing the table with (a heavy set Arab man) started to talk with me. Now I really like talking to fellow smokers waiting for flights so I decided to turn off my dopod and chat with this guy for awhile. Boy is it sad, so sad... He's been doing business in Asia for about 20 years and he's telling me that the Philippines is being left behind by our neighbors (undeniable truth) anyway he was telling me horror stories about some of his friends' experiences in the Philippines, these people are potential investors that have turned their back on the Philippines because of the bad experiences they have had. These include acts from both Public and Private individuals. He was also so shocked by the NAIA 3 scandal and that he couldn't believe that it is still there closed and gathering dust. Sheeesh who can blame these foreigners for thinking so poorly of the Philippines when it is the reality that we move about in. I fear that the Philippines is lost, and I really wonder if there is any future for this country.

-------------------------

January 17, 2006 5pm
China Day 1

This is my first trip to China for 2006, it's not as cold as I expected even with the rain here. Anyway got in at around 5pm. Our flight was a bit delayed no surprises there the folks at Immigration were taking their sweet time clearing all the passengers. The flight was pretty un-eventful some slight turbulence midway but it was ok. Even with the very cramped seats (it was a small plane) and inconsiderate asshole seated in front I was able to get some sleep. The food on PAL is nothing to write home about but is way better than China Southern's. We were fetched at Xiamen International by a driver and were taken to a restaurant in Quanzhou where we met and had dinner with Quanzhou's Footwear Association officers. It took us about 2 hours to get from the airport to the resto, traffic was horrendous. As with most meals in China, we were presented with savory dishes (usually seafood), I had to drink red wine as these bastards were toasting to anything and everything, by the fifth or sixth course I was starting to get dizzy. After dinner they polished of the wine with some dice games (played this once before at a KTV in Humei, but forgot the rules and gameplay). After dinner we were taken to our hotel Quanzhou Hotel, not as fancy as the new Quanzhou Mandarin Hotel I stayed at the last time but it's newly renovated. They do have internet access but you'd have to pay 30 RMB/24 hrs (PhP 200 plus) at the front desk. Since I'm too lazy to go downstairs I figured I'll just connect tomorrow (depends on my schedule though) wouldn't want to pay 30 RMB and just use it for 30 minutes. I'm supposed to do some factory hunting tomorrow, it's about 1:30am and I'll be forcing myself to sleep as to be ready for tomorrow.

-------------------------
January 18, 2006 8:00am

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday:
--
Janelyn Ong
--
May the Force Be With You...

-------------------------

January 18, 2006 11am
China Day 2

Between my dad's snoring and the unfamiliar bed I really wasn't able to get much sleep. I'm on my way to 2 factories with our supplier's 2 secretaries (the boss is busy) anyway I hope I can see some nice designs as my brand, I feel, is sort of in a slump. I really need to focus more and make sure the brand's performance improves especially this year.
-------------------------

January 18, 2006 20:3 0

Chinese Dinner

Here's my take on mainland Chinese dinners/banquets. Food was ok... A bit oily but that's Chinese cuisine for you. For the most part there was really a lot of toasting. As the dinner progressed red faces, raised voices, and a lot of hand shakes could be seen, heard, ano felt. A lot of the guests were drunk by 8:00pm (x_x)

-------------------------

January 18, 2006 21:40

Staying In...

I opted to stay in as I wasn't in the mood to sing at KTVs. Besides I already paid for 24 hours of internet access might as well use it right? Came across some software updates... Astraware's Zuma is now WM5.0 compatible (v1.03). Also stumbled across SPB's Freecell (v1.05) both games have been installed on my 838. :D I also changed up My Playlists... I now have Hed Kandi's Mix 2006, PvD's Politics of Dancing 2 (got to prep myself for PvD's Manila Tour :P), Mylo's Destroy Rock & Roll, and of course some songs from Frankie round up my MP3s. I've synced up my small collection of Music Vids as well. I also tried installing PocketBlogger v1.3 and it seems to work sometimes... :P Anyway instead of posting on my 838 I decided to do a bulk post via email instead. :)

-------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]