Skip to main content

Taking the dopod 838 for a Spin

I got to install my applications last night and am now taking the dopod 838 for a spin...
--
I've installed the following and they work with WM5.0 :)
--
Resco Explorer 2005 5.31 + Registry Add-in [I disregarded the FTP Plug-in as I don't use it and the Today Plug-in as this was said to cause hang ups and battery drain]
Ilium Software eWallet 4.0.2
PC Counselor Tweaks2K2.net 3.0.17
SBSH PocketBreeze 5.0.1
Agile Mobile Messenger 3.0
Astraware Bejeweled 2.4.6
Astraware Text Twist 2.12
PDAmill Snails 2.6
--
Astraware's Zuma and Insaniquarium are still not compatible with WM5.0, SBSH PocketWeather still has some quirks in it and ContactBreeze I'm putting off since the Contacts system of WM5.0 is robust enough for my needs. Sprite Software's Pocket Backup is still in beta and I am waiting for the final release.
--
I've also managed to partner my Motorola HS820 Bluetooth Headset with my device. It is a pleasant suprise that the bundled voice command app [Cyberon] works well with the HS820 and by pressing the button on the headset one could initiate voice dialing or voice commands. I still haven't trained my VC app though. WiFi works and I can easily connect to my home WiFi network. :D
--
dopod have also included a PDF viewer [from Westtek] a ZIP application, and the auto config application I mentioned in my first impressions post. A Java MIDLET manager is also included as well as an MMS application from Arcsoft.
--
I've also synced some music and videos to my device. I got myself a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter and some retractable JVC earphones. I wrote boxwave to find out if my imate's miniSync and VersaCharger would work with the 838 [even for charging only; we wouldn't want to short out the batteries now would we]. On the case department... I bought a silicone case for the 838 however this case doesn't allow for the slide out QWERTY to be used. My alternative case is my sisters' iPOD mini Sock which actually fits the dopod:). I'm still waiting for a nice aluminum or leather case. I hope CAPDASE, Brando or PDAir gets on them soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings