Skip to main content

Globe + SMART Follow-up

I visited Globe Telecom Powerplant Mall. I was able to change my plan from 299 to 999 with out the additional charge of an early termination fee (ETF). As I stated in my previous post Globe is dumb and the call center staff did not know what she was saying. 

Along with this new plan I got a bigger LTE data bucket. Globe's 999 plan has a peso value of 1700, I got the GoSurf 999 (5Gb + Spotify premium). 1700 less 999 that leaves me with 701 consumable credits for calls and texts. I asked the staff at Globe Telecom Powerplant Mall and when I exceed the data bucket, I will be charged an additional 1500 pesos (no matter how much I exceed) my other option was to get a different 5Gb bucket that has Globe's Fair-Use Policy. I figured, if I do exceed the cap I would rather pay the 1500 and use the faster LTE than get slowed down to EDGE. Since my cut-off is on the 24th of the month this new plan takes effect on 24-Aug-2015. So I have to be frugal with Globe data for the mean time. 

I also complained about the SPAM texts I have been getting. The Globe lady said they do not sell mobile numbers but they do use recycled  numbers. So I guess that explains (tho it does not  excuse) why I am getting SPAM texts even before I have given out my number to anyone. 

I am no longer on contract with SMART but I have decided to retain my number for the meantime. I am still undecided if I should stay with SMART or maintain both. I did go to SMART wireless center in Powerplant and also complained about my terrible signal at home. Now I have my fourth (4th) service request number since I started complaining in late March. Four (4) months and still no resolution to my signal problem. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips & Tricks|Orientation Aware Backgrounds

I just wanted to share some stuff I learned over at xda-dev's forum today.
--
Anyway as the title states this is about today themes and Orientation Aware Backgrounds. It's really quite simple
--
All you need is 2 images [3 if you want to change the Start Menu image as well] of the proper resolution.
--
QVGA:
tdywater_320_240.gif [Landscape Image] = 320 x 240 image
tdywater_240_320.gif [Portrait Image] = 240 x 320 image
stwater [Start Menu Image] = 190 x 290 image
--
VGA:
tdywater_640_480.gif [Landscape Image] = 640 x 480 image
tdywater_480_640.gif [Portrait Image] = 480 x 640 image
stwater [Start Menu Image] = 399 x 586 image
--
What you do is copy the files to \Windows directory and viola! Orientation Aware Backgrounds!
--
Notes: The theme's default images will be used once you switch themes. So you would need to copy the files back again to \Windows dir for it to work again, what I do is I have placed Wallpaper sets in ZIP files on my Storage Card so I can change and change as desired.…

Honey glazed donut #foodspotting

Taken at Starbucks Bluewave Marquinton

Western breakfast - Frankfurter & Scrambled Egg w/ Toast

Taken at UCC Vienna Cafe