Skip to main content

Day 1: I wonder if I can go full Android for a week?

My current main device is a 32Gb iPhone 5S. Mostly I have relegated Android OS for my secondary device (for work or just to mess around with the OS) and usually I get the cheap low spec devices. My past Android device history shows this.

  1. HTC Hero
  2. HTC ChaCha
  3. Samsung Galaxy Pocket
  4. Samsung Galaxy S Duos
  5. Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2
  6. Xiao Mi Mi3W - current

Since [Xiao Mi Philippines] was offering their Mi3W at a very affordable price I decided to get one. The Mi3W is not a low-spec device [mi.com] the specs are actually pretty good. It has KitKat and MIUI which is the skin from Xiao Mi.
photo from mi.com site
Now with the rumors that Apple will finally be releasing a bigger screen iPhone I think this is a good time to start getting used to a wider device. I must admit that I am not comfortable holding the Mi3W and I rely heavily on Keeep (full-disclosure I sell Keeep) to handle the larger device. Text input is also done with two hands instead of one, which is not ideal.

Before I start this experiment. I need to take care of a few things....
Right now I have the Mi3W setup as my work phone, I am thinking of reformatting it and starting it fresh as a personal phone with my main SMART line. Since, I had already reformatted my Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2, I would have to set it up again as my work phone. Bah...

Medyo nakakatamad... but I think I should do it, I just hope it doesn't eat too much of my Diablo 3 time. ;-)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts