Skip to main content

SMART is arrogant, GLOBE is dumb. KAMOTE

I left Globe late 2011 and moved to SMART. Nearly two (2) years later my situation with SMART has deteriorated to deplorable levels at home and so-so at work. Still no LTE for both. I got a Globe line recently and have been testing their service. I must admit the last time I was with Globe I had a terrible experience during their upgrade phase.


SMART - I pay 999PhP/monthly for 40 mins, 100 sms, and unlimited data.
GLOBE – for testing I got a 299PhP/monthly plan with 500 peso value, this peso value I applied to a GoSURF 499 package (1.5Gb data + Spotify Premium for 6 months) so I have 1 peso left. that’s 1 SMS everything else is on top.

My strategy: Reduce my SMART plan from 999 to 349 (the lowest plan with SMART) as I transition from SMART to Globe. Increase Globe from 299 to 999 (peso value 1,700) and get GoSURF 999 (5Gb).
The staff at Globe center V-Mall told me I can upgrade anytime so I call GLOBE and ask how to upgrade my plan. Now here is the dumb part: I was informed to upgrade my plan I needed to pay a pre-termination fee for the months I have left on contract (in my case that is 299 for 5 months = 1,495) this doesn’t make sense! I want to pay Globe more money but before I can do that I need to be penalized. I don’t like but I do understand a pre-termination fee to cancel an account or to lower a plan. What I do not understand why there should be a pre-termination fee for a plan upgrade.
Dear Globe. A pre-termination fee to upgrade a plan is dumb, it discourages subscribers from upgrading and giving more money to your company.
On the one-hand SMART is too arrogant to admit that their network still needs work. It seems they have stopped adding sites and my experience has been getting worse. Repeated complaints will only get you a canned response of “there is no issue in your area” and “reboot your phone”.

On the other-hand the GLOBE network has improved in the two years I have been away. Their upgrade policy is dumb so I am stuck for six months with a low plan which doesn’t really fit my needs.

The duopoly of SMART and GLOBE has left us with two shitty networks who don’t really take care of their customers, we need more competition, we need better regulations/regulators because the NTC clearly isn’t doing us consumers any favors and they are basically useless.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings