Skip to main content

Saturday AM in GSC

Since I woke up early and had nothing better to do I decided to hit GSC [Greenhills Shopping Center] to grab a some coffee and look for accessories for the Wind and possibly a Treo Pro [more on those later]...
--
Well since I was there and a SMART Wireless Center was in the vicinity I thought I'd pop in and inquire about adding Blackberry service or possibly getting a retention plan and BB handset. At my plan Addict Mobile PhP 1,200.00 consumable plan I can get a Blackberry Curve 8320 for PhP 9,300 cash out + PhP 350.00 additional per month for the service, with a lock of 24 months. If I wanted the BB 9000 aka Bold it would be 20,000.00 cash out.
--
Since I was there I decided to bring up the slow data speeds that I have been getting absurdly slow speed on SMART's 3G network.
--

[@ the office, Marikina City]
--

[@ Starbucks Theatermall, San Juan City]
--
The service rep suggested that I pop out my SIM and use a USB modem to do speed tests on my notebook which is absolutely silly since I am using data on my TyTN2 not on a notebook! I asked him to elevate my concerns to technical. But I am doubtful he will so I will probably shoot an email to SMART as well.
--
On to the Treo Pro search... One of the shops I frequent [got my Treo 750v, S310 and TyTN 2 there] HAD [yes: had!] one Treo Pro in stock. The lady said she ordered new stock. I left my mobile number so she could sms me when they do come in. It is being sold at 39,500.00 PhP [overpriced ain't it!]
--
Still couldn't find a nice fitted sleeve or notebook case for the Wind. Most shops have it for 7in, 12in, 13in, 15in but not 10in... I am really getting tempted to order from the net but pictures can be deceiving and I would not want to regret my purchase. I will stick to using the cheap sleeve that came with the Wind and some crappy free bag I got at the DENR seminar I attended.
--

I got a WD My Passport Essential 320Gb HDD USB drive for my mum and was considering getting a Buffalo USB powered external DVD drive. I am thinking about it cause I don't really need a media drive ATM.
--
Some funny stuff [well I thought]:
--
As I was having my coffee and cigs at Starbucks I overheard some call center folk
discussing matters of the heart. One of them blurted this out.
"It will kill you to death, My Gad!"

YO! WTF!
--
As I was walking around in V-Mall I saw this and I took a snap.

Dude! This sign in GH is friggin' ironic. Rows upon rows fake/infringed goods in the tiangge [bazaars] and pirated software and console games abound in V-Mall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips & Tricks|Orientation Aware Backgrounds

I just wanted to share some stuff I learned over at xda-dev's forum today.
--
Anyway as the title states this is about today themes and Orientation Aware Backgrounds. It's really quite simple
--
All you need is 2 images [3 if you want to change the Start Menu image as well] of the proper resolution.
--
QVGA:
tdywater_320_240.gif [Landscape Image] = 320 x 240 image
tdywater_240_320.gif [Portrait Image] = 240 x 320 image
stwater [Start Menu Image] = 190 x 290 image
--
VGA:
tdywater_640_480.gif [Landscape Image] = 640 x 480 image
tdywater_480_640.gif [Portrait Image] = 480 x 640 image
stwater [Start Menu Image] = 399 x 586 image
--
What you do is copy the files to \Windows directory and viola! Orientation Aware Backgrounds!
--
Notes: The theme's default images will be used once you switch themes. So you would need to copy the files back again to \Windows dir for it to work again, what I do is I have placed Wallpaper sets in ZIP files on my Storage Card so I can change and change as desired.…

Honey glazed donut #foodspotting

Taken at Starbucks Bluewave Marquinton

Black Cat vs Firestar vs Silver Sable?

Spider-man needs a partner or side-kick. I prefer crime fighting partner vs side-kick tho.

Marvel is rumored to be hiring Josh Brolin for Thanos as the mega-villain for their cinematic universe. This means Guardians of the Galaxy & Avengers. Both are super teams.

Fox has teased a mega-villain for the X-Men super-team to go up against in their latest movie. FYI, X-Men: Days of Future Past has a post credit scene. I think Fantastic Four is also being rebooted. Yes that is a super-team as well.

DC still playing catch-up but they are going in with the heavy hitters Bats & Boy Scout with a rumored Amazon in the mix. We all know the goal is the Justice League super-team

Meanwhile, I think Sony is in trouble. Right now they have the "Web Head" going up against multiple villains and the formula is kinda stale. Franchise fatigue not withstanding, our favorite web slinging, trash talking super-hero has the "Sinister Six" super villain group to fight but who can h…