Skip to main content

GMail Filters/Labels are a God Sent

I used to have about 20 filters/labels for my main Gmail account, when I moved from POP to IMAP syncing it was a PITA to have to sync all the folders [each label is treated as a folder by Messaging in Pocket Outlook]. So I selected all my mail and removed ALL the labels and deleted all the filters and relied on Search [which works pretty well too]
--
Today I was forced to take another look at filters/labels
--
Recently I've been receiving emails that I'd rather not read/look at [for now at least]. So I decided to make some filters and move the emails automatically as they are received to the Archive [so I don't see them but they are there just in case I might need em, of course I've also added a Label to them for easier organization. I was doing this on the desktop and viola after 1 sync [via IMAP] the emails disappeared from my TyTN II's inbox. Now my inbox is much much more bearable.
--
I wonder if this was the trick used in the movie SATC by the assistant? If so I'll be damned! I learned/was inspired by something from SEX AND THE CITY: The Movie.
--
IMHO people still using Yahoo or worse Hotmail [or Live Hotmail as MS likes to call it now]are missing out on the power of GMail.
--
I mean the FREE POP/IMAP access alone is compelling enough...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings