Skip to main content

Review|Motorola HT820 Stereo Bluetooth Headset

I've been wanting this headset for a long time now and thanks to my aunt now I have it hahahahaha thanks auntie mwah!
--
I'm talking about the Motorola HT820 Stereo Bluetooth Headset
--

[The package is well presented not your usual box but a bucket instead hehehe]
--
The headset is very well made, I like the design alot it looks classy and is not too heavy.


[Nice Looking Headset]
The right side has the jack, miniUSB for charging, prev/back and play (Moto logo) buttons.

[Right is for MUSIC CONTROLS]
--
The left side has the volume controls and the MFB (Moto logo) [to turn on/off, pair, answer/end calls].


[Left is for VOLUME/CALLS]
--
A good design decision IMO right for AVRCP left for Calls.
--
Comfort wise it is better than the iTech Blueband's I owned before.

[Foam is comfortable but the rubber that they used could've been softer]
--
The package includes the HT820's, a Manual, UK Plug to miniUSB [yes!], Wired jack [so you can use the headset wired or wireless]. IMO this is excellent since JediPAQ_v2 has great A2DP performance with this headset, as for the Exec I hacked it to get A2DP/AVRCP but of course on the plane you can't turn on BT so the wired config is best for flying :-) So I can use the wired one when I want to use the Exec [whilst on a plane], or even my notebook... but if I add a 2.5 to 3.5mm converter [which I already have] I can also use it wired to my iPAQ! Wow less and less to bring! But why use wires when we can go wireless hahahha! I'll use wires when wireless is not allowed [i.e. on planes].

[This headset can go wired and unwired pretty cool!]
--
Again I have paired the HT820 with my 2 PDA Phones and Notebook.
--
With the iPAQ:
A2DP works [yipee]
AVRCP works [yipee]
--
With the Exec:
A2DP works [yipee]
AVRCP works [yipee]
--
With the Notebook:
A2DP works [yipee]
AVRCP works [yipee]
Works with Yahoo although I have to speak up to be heard. Have not configured Skype or MSN yet.
--
AVRCP works with Windows Media Player 10 for Windows Mobile 5.0 and Windows Media Player 11 Beta for XP only other apps cannot be controled.
A2DP works on all 3 of my devices
--
Sound Quality:
Using it with the iPAQ and the Exec it seems that it performs better than the Blueband it has less pauses and drops. With the Notebook it's great I watched some 4400 episodes last night using the headsets and they were crisp and clear :-) So over all I think this is an ok headset.
--
Others:
Like the H700 this Headset can also be charged using my PocketPC's charger or via my Notebook's USB yeah!

The headset also glows steadily when in use not the fast blinking that other headsets do.
--
More pics bellow:

[Motorola HT820 vs Motorola H700]

[with Exec_Bean]

[with JediPAQ_v2]

[with Beanbook v2.0]

Comments

  1. Do you know of anywhere to acquire spare ear pieces for this item? I own one, and have lost one of the foam ear pieces already! I couldn't find it on motorola's site, or even google!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan,

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. Actually the foam padding on my set has deteriorated already. I went to a Moto shop in GH before but they did not carry spares, and basically the sales reps were clueless, the shop is closed now.

    Maybe you can drop an email with Moto and ask? Keep me posted if they do reply. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]