Skip to main content

Day 5: Videos, Missing Icons, Phantom Icons, and Missing eWallets

Today the Video Player icon has gone missing. I know the app is still on the device because the video I loaded still played on the default player. I have scoured all the folders and I have no idea where the icon went.
MI_20140704_071855
Speaking of video, watching videos on this device is fantastic! The drawback of course is I cannot play iTunes purchases but since Google Play Movies are now available in the Philippines, I guess that is a wash. One thing the iPhone can do that this device can’t is Netflix. Now that’s a huge let down.
Using the Default Video Player
Also this phantom icon has appeared and when I uninstalled it Google Search gets uninstalled too.
MI_20140704_065245MI_20140704_065307
Weird stuff for sure.

Another thing that happened to me... I wanted to check on my yahoo password so I could link my Flickr account to Instagram on the Mi3W. When I opened up eWallet, my password was not being accepted. Upon checking I realized it was the default blank wallet. Both my wallets were gone.

I suspect that the Mi3W cleanup I did last night nuked my eWallets. Since I use a MacBook Pro at home and eWallet for Mac doesn't sync with Android. I had to get my iPhone from my drawer and boot it up to get my yahoo password.

I have Windows 8.1 on BootCamp for my MBP. I booted into Windows, downloaded eWallet for PC and proceeded to sync the deleted wallets via WiFi.

If I did not have my iPhone in my drawer and if I did not have Windows on BootCamp I would not have access to my eWallets until Monday when I could get to my Windows laptop at work.

Should I blame ilium for not being able to figure out how to sync between OSX & Android. Is that even possible, or do I blame Apple for making their OSX less cooperative? Should I blame XiaoMi for their overly aggressive clean up app? Or should I blame myself for not paying attention to the clean up app and just hitting clean?

An Apple fanboi would say that this situation wouldn't happen on iOS. Because eWallet for Mac syncs with iOS and iOS doesn't need a cleanup app. AFB may have a point there.


Finger pointing aside, loosing access to an essential file at a time of need is really annoying.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts