Skip to main content

Review|STAR WARS® Series 1 mimoco Art toy USB flash drives Part 2

Ok I finally decided to use one out of the 4 STAR WARS mimibots I got. :P
--
I decided to use Chewie [Chewbacca]

[Chewbacca the Wookie]

[Chewie lost his head]
--
The USB drive is 2.0 standard but is not Vista Readyboost compatible. Bummer!

[Punching It!]
--
There's about 189Mb of content zipped inside, I copied all the contents to my Ext HDD and deleted the zip file on the stick to make room for my files.

[contents of sw_mimory zip]
--
The zipped had lot's of cool content including Wallpapers, Avatars, Icons for both MAC and Windows. There are also flash movies and an app that makes your PC emit a random Star Wars sound once you insert your Star Wars mimibot [it's called soundbyte]. Unfortunately it seems that soundbyte is not Vista compatible :( I installed and did the mandatory restart but didn't hear anything when I plugged in Chewie. I tried playing the flash movies but I got stuck on the selection screen must be another Vista compatibility issue. Might try out Flash 9 player if I've time.
--

[Safe and Sound in the Protohoodie, looks like and EWOK though]
--
It's a bit of a hassle to get the mimibot inside the Protohoodie. Oh well atleast most of it is protected.
--

[Ooooh... The Pretty Blue light...]
--
The mimibots 'tail' light up when they are inserted to the USB port and blinks when it's being accessed, for those running XP or Vista, remember to Safely remove the USB stick before pulling it out!
--
Vista woes aside I'm pretty happy with my new flash stick, hey it's Star Wars what do you expect?! Perfect timing really since I gave my Transcend 1Gb stick to the office. I'll probably keep the rest of my Star Wars mimibots for display. That being said:

Ok Chewie... Punch It!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts