Skip to main content

I Want a Tablet or UMPC

I want an UMPC [read: Ultra-Mobile PC] or maybe a tablet PC running Windows Vista preferably. I want to play around with Vista but I'm also pretty sure that I should not install it on my only machine yet [unless I go dual boot that is]. While there are some Tablet PCs on display in some shops [most of them are pretty old models though] I think there is a lack of UMPC choices here in Manila. I am thinking of forcing the issue though and maybe getting an old tablet [but with sufficient specs] and try to load Vista into it. Granted it would probably be cheaper to configure a desktop for Vista [did I mention is was cheaper] but that really wouldn't be mobile now would it. My eye has been set on the UX series of SONY even before Vista was out... and the last time I checked SONY style US and HKG I saw that the UX's were running Vista Business! Cool! I saw a lower end model of the UX, it had 512Mb and 30Gb and it was going for PhP 135,000.00 shitballs! That's too expensive for a play computer. I did ask the sales lady if they could load Vista into it they said they'd have to ship it to Japan first [apparently the unit is from there]. I'm also looking at Samsung's Q1 which has a bigger screen than the UX but no hardware keyboard. Haven't seen a Q1 in stores locally but I saw it was going for about HKD 11,000.00 [about PhP 70,000.00] now the Q1 runs Vista [saw some Vistagami blogs about this] but not that well [some drivers still need updating]. The model 02 from OQO looks like a good contender too, although ATM the in built Cellular radio is for EVDO [booh!]. OQO has tested a UMTS module [@3GSM] though so there is hope for us across the pond.

Comments

  1. I've downloaded all the VISTA related drivers for my notebook. Maybe I should take a closer look at doing a dual boot from my notebook....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts