Skip to main content

Desktop Updater 1.16 EN Problems/Solutions

Ok so last night I decided to do the update [using the Desktop Updater, see post before this]. Funnily enough the Desktop Updater crapped out on the 2nd part of the update with this ominous looking message. I re-tried it 3x more and the update still failed.

The geek in me would not tolerate failure so I proceeded into kegaw [know-it-all]mode.
First I did a backup using SPB Backup. Then I did a hard reset, pulled out the SIM and miniSD. I downloaded AS 4.5 thinking this would make the update work [this would bite me in the ass later].
Attempted another update and failed again. I thought hard and figured the update might not be working because I already had AKU 2.6 [courtesy of the first NL ROM which was released] so I decided screw it I already have good backups and the ROMs anyway. So I flashed my device with the Cingular Test ROM [Oct-2006, this one had AKU2.3], I then re-tried the desktop update and though the update finished successfully I now had a Cingy device with AKU 2.6 / Software Ver. TREO750-1.16-VFE / Firmware Ver. 1.12.0c.00 now this too me was unacceptable since I'm not on Cingular [and I actually don't like the X logo] so... I flashed my device a third time now with the NBH of the NL ROM [Feb-2006, NBH file AKU2.6], after the flash I checked the AKU/SW/FW again and they stuck. The downside about this is I had to do a hard reset and I knew I had backups but those were of a different ROM image. So to avert more troubles I decided to load everything from AS. When I opened AS 4.5 all my apps and partnerships were gone fucking AS wiped my install history [you know the Add/Remove Proggy's menu]... Shitballs! Now I had to look for each of the EXE or CABs and manually re-install all my apps good thing I'm a bit organized. But still it was a PITA! Anyway I finally finished loading all my apps and inputting the serials at around 2AM. Well now I have the latest AKU/FW/SW for my device. Um the device still doesn't have MSN or HSDPA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]