Skip to main content

Lusting for the Treo 750v

Parallel imported Treo 750v's are showing up here in Manila! I don't need one but definitely want one. A few things are holding me back:
1) Price, at 45K this baby isn't cheap
2) Resolution, at 240 x 240 some of my apps will not work on this device [Booo! I wish developers hurry up in making their apps work for all resolutions supported.]
3) Expansion, I just invested in a 4Gb SD card a few months back and this device uses miniSD which, to date only goes up to 2Gb
4) No WiFi, albeit you can add it on it bugs me that a device this expensive will not have wifi on board.
--
The good things are:
1) Weight, it's definitely lighter than my Exec
2) Dimensions, although it's as thick as the Exec this one has a smaller volume much more pocketable.
3) No moving parts, no swivels or joints that may crack or break in time with this unit.
4) Quadband GSM and Triband UMTS, this device is a world phone my Exec isn't. Based on the hardware it will support HSDPA but palm/vodafone have yet to release the firmware to enable this.
--
If I don't cave in a get one of these I might wait for the firmware that enables HSDPA and maybe AKU3 [if palm and voda wishes it] or maybe wait for the generic version [a unit without vodafone crap] if palm ever releases one.
--
Analyzing my device [Exec] I have all the features I want except for the size and the moving parts. I mean one could flash the Exec with 'home made' AKU3 ROMs which make them even more feature rich than the current crop of HTC devices. Thank God for hackers and developers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]