Skip to main content

Blackberry Pricing: Globe vs Sun, SMART: screw a porcupine.

I’ve finished my research on Blackberry and even though I cannot get one because I am locked to contracts on both Globe & Sun, and adding Blackberry service is either too expensive or outright not offered for my plan. I have decided to share what I’ve learned

SMART also offers Blackberry service but they have been excluded from this comparison because they are EVIL and you shouldn’t sign a contract with them anyway

image

This is for SIM only postpaid subscription. I compared plans that offered the same features. This is the lowest plans you can go on while getting unlimited blackberry + data service. Clearly Sun offers it cheaper but price is not the only consideration, keep in mind that Sun is #3 network, so I did some speedtests this morning.

3G Data Speed / Marikina City / AM

  • Sun 300Kb
  • Globe = 1.76Mb
  • PLDT DSL (Business plan) = 1.51Mb

As always YMMV. Speed will depend on location, network traffic, signal strength, device etc etc.

Verdict:

Globe for coverage, reliability & speed. Since Globe now offers Call & SMS unlimited within their network (& TouchMobile) there is no reason to get a Blackberry (or any device) on Sun except for budget concerns or if all your contacts have Sun.

Will probably terminate my Sun Call & Surf Unlimited plan this coming October (unless they improve their service) when my contract ends. I will probably not get another Sun line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]