Skip to main content

Waiting for My Wind...

My Wind is going from the shop to the distributor/service center. It's 500 bucks just to start diagnostics. I am pretty sure that the whole case and keyboard would have to be replaced. I hope it isn't too expensive.

I am putting my NAS/Mediaserver plans on hold until I get my Wind U123H back from repair. Still dunno if I will shackle the netbook and make it my server machine or if I should make a low-cost box and use (or sell) the netbook.

For now I am backing up to my office and portable drives (2 locations) and via carbonite (online, offsite). The older of the two sounds like it is starting to fail though, I think I will offload the contents on that to a new drive this weekend.



I am thinking of using either a USB stick or flash card as a temporary NAS (for smaller files I want available via FTP) but honestly dropbox (3Gb) & zumodrive (2Gb) seem to be doing a good job (using the free versions of both).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts