Skip to main content

Review|Hed Kandi 61: The Mix Summer 2006


Category: Music
Genre: Dance & DJ
Artist: Various Artists

Hed Kandi 61: The Mix Summer 2006 is out. At first I was dissapointed as I browsed over the tracklist as the songs and even some of the mixes have appeared in some other compilation that I have acquired earlier, but I like Hed Kandi [yes yes even more so when MoS bought them] as a label and so I decided to get the album nonetheless
There are 3 CDs each filled with pretty popular and commercial house tracks, I do wonder if there is a lack of tracks in the world as there are some pretty old tunes in there. Don't get me wrong the tunes were nice of course but I was wondering how a 2 or more year old tune [i.e. Paul Johnson's Get Get Down, WTF?!] could be included in a supposed 2006 mix oh well. It would have been ok if the tune was remixed [i.e. MyMyMy (Stonebridge Mix) by AvH] but I mean the tune was as is. I would have understood if they were passing off the 3rd CD as hits of Summers Past [which is probably the case as most of those tracks I could consider classics, there is no mention of this even at kandi's newly streamlined website... no more flashcards boo!]... I was hoping they could've placed newer tracks instead. Kandi loyalists will not complain as much as me I think... still a nice soundtrack for the night out [I am refraining from using Summer as we are experiencing crap weather here in Manila hahaha].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings