Skip to main content

Hey SMART it's LIVE MORE not LIE MORE

Below is my letter sent to SMART to customercare@smart.com.ph dated today 26-October-2013 Saturday at 2:30PM.

I have removed the SR number, my mobile and account number before posting this.

========
Dear SMART, 

I do not appreciate being lied to. 

Last June, when my 6 month contract with SMART ended I went to your Shangri-la branch because I wanted to downgrade or switch my Unlidata 1500 to an iPhone plan 999. I was informed this was not possible and that I had to stay on 1500 if I wanted Unlidata. I had no other option. It was the cheapest Unlidata plan they had. That's that. 

24-October-2013, Thursday — I went to SMART Megamall because I wanted to complain about the lack of LTE coverage and inquire about a new line for work, and tried once again. Again I got the "you have no other plan to go to” speech. He explained that iPhone plan 999 was bundled with a phone and could not be applied to my plan unless I wanted to cancel my current plan and get a new phone. I did not want this.

This time however the customer service person took out a sheet of plans, and fortunately for me I saw that there was an Unlidata plan 999. So I pointed at it and said this is the plan I want, after some stammering he proceeded to process my request and it took less than 5 minutes for smart system to SMS me a confirmation of said plan change. So SRXXXXXXXXXX proves that there is an Unlidata plan 999 and that I can downgrade my plan to it. 

Do you train your staff to lie to the face of customers in good standing? At no time did the Shangri-La staff & Megamall staff inform me there was an Unlidata 999 plan. I found out about it by chance. I was tempted to cancel my subscription then and there but I knew Globe is worse (I just switched to your network late last year). So I am stuck with SMART for now. 

I successfully downgraded my SMART Unlidata 1500 to Unlidata 999 because after 10 months I still don't get LTE at work (Marikina) or at home (Mandaluyong). I have complained on twitter, over the phone and in person at your wireless center about this. 

Ramon Bautista (funny as he is) will not give me LTE coverage. I wish SMART spent less money on endorsers, concerts, promos and other BS and added more cell-sites instead. You advertise heavily but you do not back it up with actual service. 

May I remind you that your slogan is LIVE MORE not LIE MORE, a little honesty in treating your customers would be greatly appreciated. 

Best regards,

Vincent Castro
SMART Subscriber. 
Mobile Number: 0918XXXXXXX
Account Number: XXXXXXXXXX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips & Tricks|Orientation Aware Backgrounds

I just wanted to share some stuff I learned over at xda-dev's forum today.
--
Anyway as the title states this is about today themes and Orientation Aware Backgrounds. It's really quite simple
--
All you need is 2 images [3 if you want to change the Start Menu image as well] of the proper resolution.
--
QVGA:
tdywater_320_240.gif [Landscape Image] = 320 x 240 image
tdywater_240_320.gif [Portrait Image] = 240 x 320 image
stwater [Start Menu Image] = 190 x 290 image
--
VGA:
tdywater_640_480.gif [Landscape Image] = 640 x 480 image
tdywater_480_640.gif [Portrait Image] = 480 x 640 image
stwater [Start Menu Image] = 399 x 586 image
--
What you do is copy the files to \Windows directory and viola! Orientation Aware Backgrounds!
--
Notes: The theme's default images will be used once you switch themes. So you would need to copy the files back again to \Windows dir for it to work again, what I do is I have placed Wallpaper sets in ZIP files on my Storage Card so I can change and change as desired.…

Black Cat vs Firestar vs Silver Sable?

Spider-man needs a partner or side-kick. I prefer crime fighting partner vs side-kick tho.

Marvel is rumored to be hiring Josh Brolin for Thanos as the mega-villain for their cinematic universe. This means Guardians of the Galaxy & Avengers. Both are super teams.

Fox has teased a mega-villain for the X-Men super-team to go up against in their latest movie. FYI, X-Men: Days of Future Past has a post credit scene. I think Fantastic Four is also being rebooted. Yes that is a super-team as well.

DC still playing catch-up but they are going in with the heavy hitters Bats & Boy Scout with a rumored Amazon in the mix. We all know the goal is the Justice League super-team

Meanwhile, I think Sony is in trouble. Right now they have the "Web Head" going up against multiple villains and the formula is kinda stale. Franchise fatigue not withstanding, our favorite web slinging, trash talking super-hero has the "Sinister Six" super villain group to fight but who can h…

Honey glazed donut #foodspotting

Taken at Starbucks Bluewave Marquinton