Skip to main content

Why I got an iPhone 7 Plus instead of a Lumia 950XL

I love Windows Phone. I still have a Treo Pro and an HTC S730 and even my first Compaq iPAQ lying around somewhere at home.

In a previous post I was really tempted to get a Lumia 950XL what stopped me was the crappy service of Microsoft Philippines (or their distributor).

My Lumia 532 has been to the service center twice for LCD issues which are still happening by the way. They refuse to refund me, or give me store credit so I can get another device.
vertical dead pixels appear from time to time usually a reboot gets rid of it

I guess Microsoft or their distributor refuses to standby their product, so why should I?

Also the Lumia 950 XL has been heavily discounted in other territories but not in the Philippines.

So I got an iPhone 7 Plus and am still running the Lumia 532 for work, have to reboot it periodically to get rid of the vertical lines that crop up from time to time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]