Skip to main content

Find My Apple Device

Find My iPhone (or iPod or iPad or Mac) is baked into iOS / OSX. It’s a great way to locate your device if you’ve misplaced it or if it get’s stolen. In this post I will show you how to turn it ON.

Settings > Privacy

IMG_1436

Location Services

IMG_1437

Make sure Location Services is ON. You can turn off location services access per app but make sure Location Services itself is ON

IMG_1438

Scroll to the very bottom of the list and make sure Find my iPhone is ON as well

IMG_1439

Go back to Settings this time select iCloud

 

IMG_1440

Scroll to Find My iPhone and make sure it’s turned ON

IMG_1441

In iOS 7, Find My iPhone is beefed up and hopefully makes it harder for thieves to erase and sell your device.

Find my iPhone works via Location Services (GPS) for the location and Internet (Cellular data or WiFi) for the commands sent to the device it’d be a good idea to have both on.

You CANNOT locate your iPhone if Location Services are OFF.

With the Find My iPhone App or using iCloud.com (on a desktop browser)

You can locate, lock, erase your device/s.

IMG_1444

IMG_1445

IMG_1447

IT WILL NOT WORK IF THE DEVICE IS OFF

IT WILL NOT WORK IF LOCATION SERVICES ARE OFF.

IT WILL NOT WORK IF THE DEVICE IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts