Skip to main content

OH: kailangan ho, I-reformat yun PC //cc: @talk2Globe @enjoyGlobe

Kailangan ho, I-reformat yun PC (You're computer needs to be reformatted)

Overheard this conversation while I was waiting for my replacement sim card at Globe Business Center SM Marikina City.

The customer is clearly not tech savvy so it falls to the company in this case Globe Telecom to extend customer support to services being paid for.

The knee jerk reaction of the customer let's call her Mrs. A was to call the hotline and when the issue was not fixed she trooped down to Globe Business Center.

It so happened that we sat beside each other at the CSR counter. Clearly Mrs. A was very frustrated and she wanted her service cut. The CSR threatened her with a 5000 peso ETF (Early termination fee). Wow. Naturally, Mrs. A backpedalled and ask them to fix it. This is when I heard the CSR say the computer should be reformatted.

I could not sit and let this travesty go on so I said. You don't reformat the PC you reformat the modem or router, then set it up again. I also added never reformat the PC unless absolutely necessary. It is the last resort for this sort of issue. The CSR gave me the stink eye and proceeded to make a service request for Mrs. A a tech has been assigned to go to her home within 3 days. I hope the person they send is more competent. Mrs. A then thanked me and not the rep before leaving.

Any CSR who tells a customer to reformat their computer bec the dsl modem & router is not working should be kicked in the gonads

Reformat is not the only solution. The customer is paying for services and in good standing why take them through an ordeal? It's lazy, incompetent and will probably not solve the issue. Poor form Ms. Globe business center CSR.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]