Skip to main content

Review|ACER Aspire 4740G-332G

So I finally caved and got a new notebook. This time I have decided to go with a full notebook instead of a netbook. Basically I needed more horse power than what the crippled ATOM systems were offering.

The ACER Aspire 4740G has these specs.

14” 16:9 HD LED LCD Screen

Intel Core i3 2.13Ghz

2Gb DDR3 RAM

Nvidia GeForce 310M 512Mb VRAM

320Gb HDD

WiFi / BT / Webcam / Card reader

DVD-RW

HDMI + VGA output

Linux OS

Coming from using a netbook for a little over 2 years I certainly felt the difference in the screen size, the weight and of course the keyboard.

I did not bother with the Linux OS since I had just purchased Windows 7 Home Premium retail box a few weeks ago. I decided to install the 64bit version so I could take advantage of better security, 64bit apps (if ever) and of course more system RAM (4Gb max).

Not the most accurate gauge of system performance but this is the Windows Experience Index Report as always it’s the Aero performance that brings the score down.

image

Still getting used to the slightly different keyboard layout and size so my typing has significantly slowed down.

I am enjoying the huge screen and the better resolution means windows are not cut anymore.

I for see that uptime will be an issue since I got used to my 8 hour battery life with the Wind 9 cell battery combo. This system sports a 6 cell and runs for 3 hrs max.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]