Skip to main content

Review|Nokia 6267


--
I've been using this mobile for a few months now, and I thought it's time to squeeze in a short review before I get lazy or get tired of it and sell it...
--
The Nokia 6267 is a clamshell mobile phone running Nokia's Series 40 3rd Edition.
--
Specifications:
Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE [850/900/1899/1900]
Dual band UMTS [850/2100]
0.3MP and 2MP [w/flash] Camera
microSD [upto 4Gb]
2.5mm mini jack
miniUSB sync
Nokia S40 3rd Ed
Bluetooth
2.2" 320 x 240 main display and 128 x 160 secondary display
FM Radio
--
What's in the box:
Nokia 6267 mobile phone
HS-47 Stereo Headset
BL-5C 1020mAh battery
AC-4 high performance charger
User Guide
CD-ROM
--
Impressions: Nokia has done well with this mobile and although I am only using it for my SUN Cellular SIM I'm quite pleased with it. It has all the bells and whistles any self-respecting mobile phone would have. I like the fact that Nokia has moved away from their proprietary Pop port crap and have gone miniUSB. Alas charging isn't enabled from this. Nothing really stands out for this mobile. It just does what it does, not everything well though. The PC Suite from Nokia has improved dramatically ever since the last time I owned a Nokia that needed one [Nokia 7610 Series 60 2nd Ed], still not a complete sync with Outlook but much better. I hope to keep this one a bit longer than my other secondary phones [my Motorola v3i lasted 1 week, my Sony Ericsson z610i lasted 2 IIRC, my HTC s310 also 1 week]. I think I can even leave my TyTN II at home if I wanted to rough it and go without WinMob for a few days [but who wants to do that? really?]. It works well with my 3 bluetooth headsets including my stereo Motorola HT820. I've placed my 1Gb microSD card and loaded it with 1 or 2 playlists, some wallpapers and some tones as well. I did my syncing via WMP11 just like my TyTN II. I've also bought a silicone case and of course applied the mandatory screen protector the moment I got the device. It has dual displays which is really convenient if I just want to check the time or see who is calling. The clamshell doesn't lock in place like the z610i but it seems sturdy enough for now at least. Nokia also decided to include an FM radio I don't use it that much. My one complaint would be uptime. It seems the newer Nokias are really power hungry and I have to charge it at night if I use it heavily. The lower end Nokias you could go 2 or 3 days with out going near the mains.
--
I got a parallel import so I get Chinese via stroke or pinyin under input methods. Which is welcome because my TyTN II can only read Chinese not write it.
--
It's a cheap, solid and feature packed device. A bit overkill for my 2ndary mobile.

Comments

  1. this is a good review. good enough to make me buy one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]