Skip to main content

My UX280P's GPRS/EDGE Modem, Unlocked and Working!


With a little googling, tweaking, and a lot of patience/help from Lo' [thanks again bro!] I've now been able to unlock & use the built-in Sony Ericsson GPRS/EDGE Modem on the UX280P with another SIM card. I slapped in my Globe SIM and after a few minutes I was prompted that the network has been found & that it was ready to use. I tried connecting to GPRS and sending SMS using the included Cingular Connection Manager and it worked! Hehehe! I am unsure if I can make GSM voice calls with this module & software combination. Since I'm using a non-UX280P specific SmartWi application [using a SmartWi for a Sprint enabled VAIO because it works with Vista] and with this version I can't activate WLAN and WWAN at the same time. Might do a bit more research and see if these can be rectified. I also might look into Globe's Visibility [unlimited DATA plan for PhP 2,000.00] plan for my data needs.
--
Knowledge Articles: C422852 and C423154

Comments

  1. Hi!

    Would You help me? I'm from Hungary, and I Try to unlock my modem, but I can't find any sollusion on the WEB.
    So would You tell me how did you solve this problem?

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @afuscala

    Check here:
    SONY eSupport Website for UX280P http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNUX280P
    --
    Knowledge Articles: C422852 and C423154--
    Then you need to have someone call AT&T and unlock the sim module.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts