Skip to main content

Third Lumia Is The Charm, Gadget Road Map Q4 2015

Earlier this month I bought another Lumia 535 Dual SIM, that brings my total to three (3) devices of the same model.

My first unit I gave to my mom while her iPhone 6 is out for repairs

My second unit I gave to my colleague, I bricked my redmi 1s which he was using so I had to give him the Lumia.

My third unit is for me. Even if I've revived the redmi 1s, I'm not going back to android because of the contact email bug with exchange. It has been a nightmare going over contacts and correcting errors periodically. I just don't have the time for it.

I was supposed to purchase a Lumia 640 LTE Dual SIM but those are smart exclusive and I hate getting phones from carriers. So it's back to the 535, it's not a flagship phone but it suites my work needs and it's very affordable. MSFT writing off the Nokia purchase is kinda disheartening... I hope Satya Nadela doesn't get rid of WindowsPhone / Windows Mobile completely.

Since this is a work phone I am a little less apprehensive on trying the test builds of Windows 10, and since I have a lot of unforeseen expenses I am not going to buy another Windows Mobile just for testing. I will have to wait for the final release, I'm on iOS 9 developer beta, and am thinking of trying out El Capitan when I have time. Speaking of Windows 10 it's due to launch next week I haven't been keeping up with the test builds but from my limited experience I like it. I doubt it will be rolled out day and date to everyone and Microsoft has told us as much, it's actually good since I will be deployed in the field anyway. I'm not going to update at once, I just want to download it.

I've decided that I won't be updating my old Acer laptop because I want to keep it on Windows 7, when I was trying to flash my redmi 1s the xiaomi firmware tool failed on Windows 8.1 but worked Windows 7, so there.

I'm going to be updating the ASUS work computer before the one year deadline ends of course. We don't want to waste a free update! My 15in MacBook Pro is still working well enough for my needs, however I need to get another MagSafe adapter since the cable has frayed (it seems all Apple cables fray sooner or later) I wrapped it with electric tape. I also need to buy another bluetooth headset since my Voyager Pro is basically dead. I'm thinking Voyager Edge or get another Voyager Pro, still undecided.

I'm pretty sure I will be getting the next iPhone 6S Plus or whatever they end up calling it. Still not sold on the iPad and Apple Watch. I just don't need those two pieces of tech. On the Android front I'm going to keep the RedMi 1S on MIUI 6 developer ROM so I can continue on poking around Android and feeding Google Now properly.

So for Q4 2015 it's an iPhone and a Bluetooth headset.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]