Skip to main content

Review // Superheroes: The Art of Alex Ross

Review // Superheroes: The Art of Alex Ross - 5 March to 15 June, 2014

[this beautiful mural was the only thing I was allowed to shoot.]
Went to this exhibition on a Tuesday and was turned away because they are opened only on Wednesday thru Sunday. It was on the website but I got confused because my calendar was GMT+8 Manila not GMT+1 Paris

I skipped the scheduled afternoon tour to SACRE COUR & MONTMARTRE FUNICULAR and got dropped off near Mona Bismarck American Center for Art & Culture, paid my 7€ fee, got a free English guide and dove in.

Photography was not allowed inside the exhibition except for a big mural. The guard was actually shadowing me.

The exhibition is not huge by any means about 3 to 4 rooms but lot's of great art on display and I spent some time looking at the works and reading the guide for some additional insights on the works displayed.

I am did not go deep into comics when I was younger, so you could say I am a casual comic book fan but I do appreciate Ross' work. It's really great!

Anyway, I loved this exhibition, I especially liked his drawings / comics he made as a child.

Also spent extra few minutes on these...
Justice League
Batman
Joker
Shazam / Capt. Marvel
Aquaman
Flash
Human Torch

Lynette Ross (his mom) also had two works on display and you know where he got his talent.

If this exhibition comes to a town near you, please do check it out.

If you are in Paris:

Superheroes: The Art of Alex Ross - 5 March to 15 June, 2014

Exhibition Opening Hours Wednesday through Sunday from 11:00am to 6:00pm Closed on holidays: April 20, May 1, 8 and 29, June 8.

Tickets and admission Adults: 7€, Reduced price: 5€*, Children under the age of 12: free.

*Reduced price tickets for children from 12 to 17 years of age, unemployed, seniors (older than 60) and students (subject to presentation of supporting documentation).

Source:
http://monabismarck.org/programmes/exposition

Press release:
http://monabismarck.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/CP-ALEX-ROSS-V-ANG.pdf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings