Skip to main content

3rd Time’s the Charm

Today I finished talking with palm support and trooped to Makati to get my palm Treo Pro replaced AGAIN! This my 3rd Treo Pro… this is getting ridiculous… What the hell!? The keypad frame was falling off on the refurb unit I got. BTW I haven’t dropped my device yet.

IMG_4322

IMG_4323

[here are some pics of the faulty device]

When I got there the guy gave me my replacement unit I inspected the keys and found out the start button was stuck so I asked for another unit. Thankfully this one had better keys.

Hard reset my defective TP, took out the SIM, microSD, stylus, battery and back cover. I then installed those to the new one and powered it up. The guy at the drop off zone moved the screen protector for me too.

I setup google sync so I had my contacts/calendar until I got back to the office. Finished signing stuff and I was off.

My 1st device’s d-pad failed after six months the 1st refurbed units keyboard frame failed in 2 weeks. I hope this device lasts longer… I really don’t have the moohlah to splurge on a new device (unless somebody finally buys my HTC Touch3G).

I like palm’s devices and customer service and even their replacement policy I just wish the device was sturdier. You should get back to htc on these issues. BTW the Treo 750 (I owned 2) I didn’t have any issues also htc made if I may add.

Since I am having a bad tech week I decided to cheer myself up by looking at my friend’s kid. Here is her picture for all you out there stressing (makes me laugh all the time and beats saying woosah or counting to 10)Mika Benitez

hehe such a funny baby… stress be gone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]