Skip to main content

Resolution to my battle w/ SMART’s IR DEPOSIT BS… #BNYvsSMART

A few days ago I had written to SMART telecom’s president Mr. Manny V. Pangilinan about their new International Roaming Deposit policy. You may read it HERE.

Today I went to the SMART Wireless Center where I had my plan changed. I explained [although I must admit not in the calmest way] why the whole thing was

#1 offensive

#2 unfair

#3 bad for business

#4 their fault

the service rep promised that she would elevate the matter and true enough I received a call moments ago from a SMART representative. That’s 3 hours turn around… raising hell and my blood pressure at the wireless center works wonders for response time.

Resolution:

Of course the lady on the line apologized profusely for any inconvenience that beset me.

Ok apology accepted.

They also activated my international roaming and waived the ridiculous deposit.

Ok very good. Thank you SMART.

She was about to let me go but I would not have it. I pressed her to let me know what they were going to do about the IR deposit. She said that they valued my insight and that they will show my email and concerns to management. I pressed her some more and asked her how I would find out what they do with the policy. I got the canned response: we have ways to disseminate the information to subscribers.

EHHHH wrong answer! I will surely follow this up. I won’t stand for such behavior from a service I am paying for.

Now here’s the thing to get noticed everyone affected or that may be affected by this issue should definitely call and write SMART so that we the consumers will be heard. If you have time please drop by the nearest wireless center and sound off as well.

SMART CS HOTLINE: *888 or 63(02) 8881111

SMART CS EMAIL: customercare@smart.com.ph

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings