Skip to main content

Setting Up My Uncle’s Fruit Phone…

My uncle got himself an 8Gb unlocked 3G iPhone from HKG. I decided to check the FW version and saw that it came with 2.1 so I updated it to 2.2 with his PowerBook. I noticed that iTunes performs better in Apple OS vs Windows… Sabotage perhaps… I will never know since I’ve said goodbye to iTunes earlier this year. We tried buying a few apps on the device and on his notebook. The App Store is an amazing component for the success of the iPhone.

Anyway I was setting up his email and copied his SIM contacts to the iPhone. Everything was very intuitive, the mark of a great UI. Still data entry was my main gripe with this touch screen only device. I had a difficult time with the on screen keyboard both with the auto-correction on and off [after the 2.2 update]. I was tapping letters as much as I was deleting them, not good.

NB: his device was having trouble receiving and making calls whilst the 3G was on both before and after updating to 2.2 firmware. So this is something definitely network [and/or location] related. YMMV.

Network: SMART

Location: Marikina City, NCR, PH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings