Skip to main content

It's Alive...

Sometime this afternoon my shobe gave me a disturbing call and said that the notebook I got for her in May was in an endless restart loop and couldn't boot into Windows. She was freaking out and wanted to reformat it there and there. Gratefully she took my advise and after tinkering with it for a bit it's now alive again. It was giving a BSOD right after the Windows XP screen with the progress bar then looping back to the OEM screen. Being the brute that I am, I removed the HDD and placed it in my 2.5HDD enclosure. Explorer on both my VAIO and my other sister's MSI just hanged with the HDD connected. So I put the HDD back and decided to try and repair it via the Windows XP CD Repair Windows Tool. Chkdsk, fixboot, fixmbr did the trick. With fingers and toes crossed I exited the repair tool and restarted the machine. To my surprise it booted and presented me with the logon page. With her password entered, XP started and we quickly backed up her files on the Desktop to her 2nd Partition and to her thesis mate's USB stick.
--
Geek tip! Have multiple back ups. I have a back up of important files on my Desktop (not on an OS partition), my 2.5HDD, and my Chewbacca USB stick. You may also want to do online backups like on Gmail or Yahoo for small files like Word and Excel files.

Vincent Benedict Py Castro
via Treo 750v + G-Mail

The FORCE Will Be With You Always...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts