Skip to main content

Bluetooth Powah!!!


Finally got Bluetooth working on my Notebook! Woopee! I've paired my Smartphone [Motorola MPx 220], my Pocket PC Phone [i-mate JAM], and my Headset [Motorola HS820].
--
I was supposed to buy a new Bluetooth dongle for my notebook as my old one [MSI PC2PC Bluetooth USB] was not working well with my notebook and XP SP2 [it worked ok on my desktop, which had the software first before getting SP2]. Well I was able to find the CDROM for the BT dongle [the MSI website doesn't have the software anymore]. I did not install any application though. I'm using Micosoft's default BT stack and the MSI drivers. Hmmm... I've to test it out some more although honestly I use BT mainly for Activesync and sending files over from one device to the next.
--
Really happy that I can now Activesync wirelessly [and therefore have net access on my PPC as you know I've sold my 256Mb + WiFi SD Card] and since the notebook is just arms length from my bed [which I'm on most of the time] I can enjoy the net on my PPC as well! Albeit BT is slow compared to WiFi this solution is ok for small tasks such as downloading the weather or very lite browsing [way way back... before I had WiFi I used BT to surf the net]. Another thing that has me smiling is that this BT key has been with me since 2001!!! I probably won't miss wifi as much now.
--
Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings