Skip to main content

Apple iPad

hero4_20100127

Apple has officially put it’s hat into the tablet wars (where no one has won yet). Think of it as a huge iPod Touch with an option for 3G data.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

It runs Apple’s A4 Processor (remember they bought PA Semi a chip company), WiFi and BT, 9.7in screen at 1024x768 resolution LED capacitive touch screen. Rated at 10 hrs battery life (we shall see if this holds true), It will be available with 16Gb, 32Gb, and 64Gb. A 3G modem (no voice calls) will aslo be available but will cost you a whopping 130USD more. It’s 1.5 ~ 1.6 pounds. It runs Apple iPhone OS 

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

What I like:

  1. LED display, I don’t think e-ink is there yet and they don’t have color.
  2. Options for capacity and additional 3G modem
  3. Thin  and light form factor

What I don’t like:

  1. 3G modem will cost and additional 130USD (way too overpriced)
  2. no camera
  3. no SD card slot
  4. no USB port
  5. only 4:3 aspect ratio

So as you can see this definitely falls short for me. I cannot find a place for it in my computing life. My netbook is 10in, the apps I can get from my iPhone plus I get  a camera and phone functionality. So I guess the only thing that it has going for it is the form factor. That’s not enough for me to get a device that cost this much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts