Skip to main content

Party Report|BIGFISH pts. CREAM Halloween Ball 2006 ft. The Thrillseekers

Went to CREAM Halloween Ball 2006 and it was pretty fun!

NOTE: This was Domini Primero's last event for BIGFISH the whole event was peppered with the BIGFISH team and the crowd showing appreciation for what he has contributed to the dance music scene in the past 7 years with BIGFISH. I'm sure he will succeed in his next ad/ventures... The Force Will Be With You Always... :o) Thanks for bringing in world class DJ's to Manila.
--
Venue/Parking:
World Trade Center in Pasay. Big and AC'ed [and the AC didn't give out this time thank God]. Nice design overall, not very halloweenish except for the glass encased 'zombies' and 'ghouls' near the entrance. I did see a lot of Cream logos and banners, the visuals were ok, I'm sure the sponsors are happy. Parking at WTC is always the best cause if you come early like we did you don't have to walk too far and it's cheap too PhP 30.00.

Ticket Price/Entrance Procedure:
Php800 + 1 Free Drink,
Php700 + 1 Free Drink with Student ID
Preselling Php700 + 1 Free Drink (Collect Drink stub @ entrance)
--
Again entrance procedures sucked! Will they ever learn????
--
NOTE: I got in for free because my good buddy Joe Bailey Guerrero [hotwire] hooked us up with Motorola Section VIP passes! Nice! We got the first VIP section to the right of the stage [entrance vantage point]... You da man JOE! We had to wait for our tickets though but it was all good actually enjoyed looking at the different costumes people were wearing. Was really scared of the drag queen with golden horns though. Joe, Jorel, and I were not in costume, Joe's friend Adie came as an Egyptian [she was coming from another party I think]. Oh yeah and thanks to Malin from Moto Philippines! Hey and bring out the GSM version of the Q already hehehe!
--

[Here's Captain America and Mr. Incredible]

Music/DJ:
Johnboy Lee was on decks till around 1-1:30am and he played his usual set of house music. The Thrillseekers [don't be misled he's just one guy] kept it pumping all through the night he played trance [some vocal, melodic, hard] just the kind of songs I like! He's one of the more energetic and lively DJ's I've had the pleasure of seeing perform. He knew how to play to the crowd. Awesome mixing and song selections as well IMO. I recognized some of the tracks but not all... I wonder if I could get a set list [maybe I should drop BIGFISH an e-mail]. I'm pretty certain he didn't play By Your Side [damn I was hoping to hear that pa naman live!]
NOTE: One of the best moments of the night [make that morning] was Joe was able to get us to go onstage behind the DJ!!! It really brought a different perspective aboout going to events! We didn't get to meet Steve though but it's ok. Just being there on stage looking at the crowd and how they responded to the DJ and music it gave me goosebumps... Asteeg!!!
--

[The Thrillseekers on Deck!!! I wish I had a real camera]

Drinks:
Water was at PhP70.00 getting drinks was easier as we had our own bar at the VIP area and Moto gave out free drinks too some blue concoction [KRZR themed e!] I didn't get to try.

Security:
The usual for Bigfish lot's of bouncers, Police, WTC Guards, and EMTs were present as well. I felt safe.

Verdict:
This is the first CREAM event I've been too and to me BIGFISH has redeemed themselves for the Chicane hooplah we experienced. The music was fantastic, lot's of pretty people, lot's of fun just the way an event should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts