Skip to main content

Underground Economy is Boomin'

Just got back from renewing my Driver's License. The underground economy at the LTO [Land Transportation Office] is definitely booming. Suffice to say it took me around 2 hours to get my ID card. Last year I did it the 'right' way and it took me 4 hours. So I guess even if I did feed the hungry maws of corruption at least I saved some time. This is my 4th time I went to the LTO to get a license [or renew it] and well my weight is still the same as in '97 [I was 75kg then] the funny thing is well the weight scale had my weight at 58kg, the medical examiner put 60kg on my documents, I guess the encoder doesn't bother reading the damned thing anyway. Of course with my vision [my grade is 900(left) and 1000 (right)]the 'doctor' put in FIT TO DRIVE after I barely read the letter rows. The drug test consisted of me peeing in the plastic cup [unsealed mind you] and getting the results as I gave them the specimen. I guess paying for all these things will put some food on the tables of the underground economists [fixers, insurance, medical examination, drug test, LTO employees]. I wonder though how many un-educated drivers are put in the streets everyday, and how many vehicles with lousy emissions pass the testing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings