Skip to main content

Beanster Blog 10.1 beta

You may have noticed the new look for my blog. Over the weekend I have been playing around with various templates and widgets to somehow refresh my blog, my main goal was to make navigating my blog easier and more pleasant. So here it is Beanster Blog 10.1 beta

Change log:
New Template: Minima White by (Douglas Bowman) | mss w960 (Thur Broeders)
  • As you can see this one is a 3 column with Main-Side-Side Format. I am liking the way it lessens the need for scrolling.
New Header Navigation Links:
  • I added easy navigation links for the content on my blog.
  • I also changed the links on my blog description, subscription via readers or email is now enabled.
Added AJAX Label Support:
  • When you click on the labels on a post you will be presented with pages of entries with similar labels [really neat!]
Recent Posts:
  • I've a added recent posts widget so that visitors who land on different pages can have a heads up view of what's new on my blog.
Added Label Cloud:
  • Blogger's Label System was archaic and wasteful of screen real estate. The Label Cloud looks way better.
Added Enhanced Archive Calendar:
  • As you can see you now have a calendar and when you hover on the date it shows the post titles for that date.
Added Plurk & Beans:
  • It's my plurk widget, you can follow me on plurk -> HERE <-
Added a WTFMO [Where to Find Me Online] badge:
  • It's powered by Profilactic, an aggregating site.
New Site Meter:
  • It looks better
Added ShoutMix:
  • Readers can now be heard with my new shoutbox. I am still on the fence about keeping this widget depends really if my readers use it. I'll give it a week.
Removed:
  • Flickr badge - redundant with the WTFMO badge
  • Youtube badge - redundant with the WTFMO badge
  • Last.fm badge - redundant with the WTFMO badge [I might swap this in if I get rid of the ShoutMix badge
  • twitter badge - redundant with the nicer Plurk badge
  • Redundant Labels - I have cleaned up my labels to make the AJAX search / Label Cloud much more useful
Future Changes/Plans:
  • I'm constantly looking for ways to improve my blog. I am thinking of limiting the posts displayed (it's at 7 now) and summarizing my posts so the home page is not as cluttered, I'm apprehensive because it'd mean another click from you my readers. I might implement this temporarily too see how it looks.
I'd like to thank you all for keeping on visiting my blog and especially dropping comments and what not. It's much appreciated :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings