Skip to main content

New Notebook: MSI s262-v1


Got a new notebook yesterday it is a MSI s262-v1, I got the black one [mas maangas e and it matches my Exec].
--
So far I'm done loading my apps na, and all my data is intact ah the beauty of DVD-R/W discs and Partitioned HDDs hehehe.
--
It is smaller than my previous notebook MSI M645, it doesn't have a dedicated GPU, but I wanted something smaller and lighter and ever since Shoty poured Iced Tea on the 645 I was not really happy with it anymore. Anyway here are some specs of my new baby:
--
Intel® Centrino Core Duo T2300
YONAH 1.66GHz 667MHz 2MB L2 Cache
Intel® 945GM Chipset + ICH7-M
Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [802.11a/b/g]
512 Mb DDR2 RAM -> Change to 1024Gb DDR2 RAM
60 GB HDD -> Changed to 100Gb HDD
Bluetooth
12.1" TFT WXGA [1280 x 800]
Firewire x1
LAN x1
56K Modem x1
USB 2.0 x3
Cardreader [SD/MMC/MS] x1
PCMCIA x1
8 Cell Li-Ion Battery [5hrs uptime]
1.9 kg [Yesssss!!!!]
Magnesium Alloy
Microsoft XP Home SP2
--
Since I am a geek a 60GB HDD and 512Mb DDR2 RAM doesn't cut it for me. So I ripped out my old HDD [from the M645 which was 100Gb] and had another 512Mb DDR2 RAM chip added. The rest I left as is. So far I am loving the size and the fact that the 262-v1 has the same size keyboard as my M645 is a welcome bonus for me. Bluetooth built in is also a plus. The problem is I don't know what kind of BT is installed on this notebook the website is no help and I haven't had the time to open the manual yet, I hope it is v1.2 and has the A2DP/AVRCP profiles. I've just synced my Exec over Bluetooth a few minutes back, and paired my iTech Blueband Bluetooth Stereo Headset, although I couldn't figure out how to stream music to it via the default MS BT Stack, I might try to install the included BT software by IVT BlueSoleil [I have it on the MSI Driver CD and Downloaded the newest version off their website as well]. Or I could try MSI's Blueplayer [curses! it seems MSI's Blueplayer are for Symbian and Windows Mobile Devices only, nothing for the desktop/notebooks]. Anyway I will play around some more with the BT and maybe post on it when I have time. The notebook is really snappy I'm not sure if it is really the Core Duo processor or if it is just psychological [or maybe a little bit of both]. Anyway I asked the person I got the notebook from and he said that this baby would be able to run Vista, the upcoming OS from MS, so I am a bit future proof. I gave my M645 to my little sister I hope she is happy with it, her Pentium 3 Toshiba Satellite is ready for the graveyard, but I think they will try to salvage it for my other sister who is in studying in Shanghai [for email and IM only].

Comments

  1. forgot to post that I upgraded the processor to 1.83Ghz CoreDuo, I love the speed boost even at the expense of uptime... :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings