Skip to main content

Windows Phone 10 Technical Preview on Lumia 535 - Not Recommended

THIS IS A TECHNICAL PREVIEW, BUGS ARE A PART OF IT. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE IF YOU ARE FAINT OF HEART, OR IF YOUR DEVICE IS MISSION CRITICAL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Windows Phone 10 Tech Preview
Updated while I was sleeping
As a member of the Windows Insider Program, I was able to get the 1st release of Windows 10 Tech Preview for my Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual SIM.

In retrospect I shouldn't have enabled automatic updates with the TP. I knew it was going to be buggy but I guess curiosity got the better of me as it always does with new versions of an OS (I play around with Windows 10 Tech Preview for PCs, iOS firmware betas, and OSX betas) 

The 1st tech preview is very buggy if your device is mission critical please do not install it. That being said I am very pleased that Microsoft is going with a wider release on Windows Phone 10. 

So as I am typing this I am using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to rollback to 8.1 

waiting for the restore software to download

I will not elaborate on the bugs that I encountered as I have already reported these to MSFT. I will not post an initial impression also because I don't think it's fair to the engineers. I will say this though when they get the bugs sorted I think Windows Phone 10 would be a great follow up to 8.1

Especially excited about Outlook Calendar and Outlook Mail for Windows Phone, both of which the desktop versions I already use daily for work.

THIS IS A TECHNICAL PREVIEW, BUGS ARE A PART OF IT. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE IF YOU ARE FAINT OF HEART, OR IF YOUR DEVICE IS MISSION CRITICAL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts