Skip to main content

SMART's deteriorating signal

In my use-case SMART's signal has been deteriorating. 

When I turn into my street the signal goes from 3G to No Service or GPRS. When I am in my room it also goes from No Service to fake 3G. Fake 3G meaning the iPhone displays three bars but sometimes there is no data connection. I am quite certain it is not my iPhone because even my Samsung loses it's signal sporadically.

I have four accounts with SMART. 
1 999 iPhone plan for my personal mobile
1 freedom plan for my 3G USB modem when cable internet is out
1 freedom plan for work
1 freedom plan for work

I have two prepaid sim cards with Globe
1 Samsung Galaxy Data SIM - I got this free when I bought my work phone
1 Prepaid SIM card 

Contacting SMART's support via twitter or their hotline they always repeat the same script:

  1. Apologize for the inconvenience
  2. Ask me to reboot my phone
  3. Tell me their network doesn't have any issues in my area.

This is no good. I moved from Globe to SMART in 2011 in the hopes of getting LTE it is now 2014 and still I have no LTE and my signal has gotten worse. 

This of course is compounded by the fact that they are spending so much in useless marketing like Taylor Swift concerts. I have said it before Taylor Swift will not give me good reception and speedy data connection. 

They are also launching streaming service (and spamming me with SMS nagging me to subscribe) which is useless to avail because their data connection is not reliable. Checking their LTE coverage map for Mandaluyong it seems nothing has been added close to my location and that's for 3 years? 

I have service request numbers dating as far back as March. The problem persists and SMART keeps on telling me their network has no issues. When I leave the house and go to other places the signal is ok. So it is just in my house that I am having issues. I am undecided if this would be enough incentive to move back to Globe. Maintaining two personal lines seems to be overkill and a waste of money. 

During typhoon Glenda my SMART lines all went down. Almost no data at all. I had to get a Globe Pre-paid SIM card from a nearby supermarket to have data while the cable internet was out. The problem with Globe Pre-paid is that they do not offer LTE for prepaid. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tips & Tricks|Orientation Aware Backgrounds

I just wanted to share some stuff I learned over at xda-dev's forum today.
--
Anyway as the title states this is about today themes and Orientation Aware Backgrounds. It's really quite simple
--
All you need is 2 images [3 if you want to change the Start Menu image as well] of the proper resolution.
--
QVGA:
tdywater_320_240.gif [Landscape Image] = 320 x 240 image
tdywater_240_320.gif [Portrait Image] = 240 x 320 image
stwater [Start Menu Image] = 190 x 290 image
--
VGA:
tdywater_640_480.gif [Landscape Image] = 640 x 480 image
tdywater_480_640.gif [Portrait Image] = 480 x 640 image
stwater [Start Menu Image] = 399 x 586 image
--
What you do is copy the files to \Windows directory and viola! Orientation Aware Backgrounds!
--
Notes: The theme's default images will be used once you switch themes. So you would need to copy the files back again to \Windows dir for it to work again, what I do is I have placed Wallpaper sets in ZIP files on my Storage Card so I can change and change as desired.…

Black Cat vs Firestar vs Silver Sable?

Spider-man needs a partner or side-kick. I prefer crime fighting partner vs side-kick tho.

Marvel is rumored to be hiring Josh Brolin for Thanos as the mega-villain for their cinematic universe. This means Guardians of the Galaxy & Avengers. Both are super teams.

Fox has teased a mega-villain for the X-Men super-team to go up against in their latest movie. FYI, X-Men: Days of Future Past has a post credit scene. I think Fantastic Four is also being rebooted. Yes that is a super-team as well.

DC still playing catch-up but they are going in with the heavy hitters Bats & Boy Scout with a rumored Amazon in the mix. We all know the goal is the Justice League super-team

Meanwhile, I think Sony is in trouble. Right now they have the "Web Head" going up against multiple villains and the formula is kinda stale. Franchise fatigue not withstanding, our favorite web slinging, trash talking super-hero has the "Sinister Six" super villain group to fight but who can h…

Honey glazed donut #foodspotting

Taken at Starbucks Bluewave Marquinton