Skip to main content

SMART International Roaming Deposit is GONE... hooray we (the consumers) won!

SMART International Roaming Deposit is GONE... hooray we (the consumers) won!


I don't know when this happened but I am sure glad it did! SMART has gotten get rid of this discriminatory, anti-consumer, flat-out-unfair, exploitative International Roaming Deposit policy. I have written about this before (and some more) which culminated in me settling my balance and closing my account with SMART for good.
Food for thought: were did the interest for all those deposits go? did they credit those back to customers as well or did they spend it on Ramon Bautista's TF for this hilarious switching video? 

This comes as good news for me personally because... I am re-evaluating my current mobile subscription with Globe and most of us (subscribers) would say that it has been shitty for months. Globe has scheduled network improvements thru Q4 2012 but who has the patience to wait? Now that SMART has done away with IRD, I can seriously consider their network again as my service provider.

For those keeping score...
1997 - 2006 = 9yrs = Globe
2006 - 2010 = 4yrs = Smart
2010 - present =  2yrs and counting = Globe
I am considering getting a freedom plan from SMART or sticking with my 1,799 monthly plan with Globe and see if they can get their act together.

I would congratulate SMART for getting rid of the IRD policy, but for the simple fact that it should never have been implemented in the first place.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

Toshiba G900 WVGA PocketPC Phone

AKIHABARA NEWS has some drool worthy snaps of the G900 I mentioned a post ago. Pics posted are property of AKIHABARA. -- Toshiba G900 Windows Mobile 6 Professional [PocketPC Phone Ed.] 3inch WVGA [Wide VGA 800 x 480] 64Mb RAM + 128Mb ROM UMTS and HSDPA miniSD expansion slideout QWERTY WiFi Biometric security [finger print scanner] -- All I can say is... WOW! After being absent from the WM world Tosh is back with a bang with this device. IIRC Tosh was one of the first OEMs to use VGA screens with the e800 series, now it seems they are pushing the envelope again with WVGA. -- WM6 supports the following resolutions: 176 x 220 240 x 240 320 x 240 = qVGA 320 x 320 [new] 480 x 480 [new] 640 x 480 = VGA 800 x 480 [new] =WVGA -- I hope palm comes out with a hi-res screen treo [320 x 320 will be fine :o)]