Skip to main content

So I Wrecked My Netbook… FML!

In a fit of clumsyness (?) I jammed my hand with the car door in the morning and in the evening I somehow managed to slip and do an elbow drop and shove move to wreck both hinges of my Wind and to put a dent in the chasis. With my weight I was also able to break the battery lock. 

It still turns on but now I cannot move it in use because the battery will drop out. Some of the keys are also tough to press. I still haven't brought it to the shop but I suspect it would be better to get a new system rather than having it repaired. Stupidity and butter fingers aren't covered with warranty.

This definitely craps on my tech roadmap and what little budget I have stashed for gadgets … Come to think of it this netbook is not even 6 months old! I could hunker down and add a usb keyboard (I am pretty sure I have one at home) to get over the keyboard issues but honestly once you know there is a dent, ding, scratch or issue with your device you never look at it the same way.

I am still undecided if I should go back to a full notebook or stick with the netbook. Lord knows I need more processing power as my Wind chokes up when playing large video files and every fraking time I try to sync my 3GS. I was hoping to get an MSI U200 12in notebook which will have a more robust processor (1.2Ghz CULV) or I could wait for Core i5 notebooks to become available and get one of those beasts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings