Skip to main content

Is the Treo Dead?

There was a time not so long ago that when you said Treo it meant a smartphone and when you said smartphone it meant a Treo. Well those days are no more palm seems to have killed the brand already.

I like my Treo Pro it doesn't have the best specs but it is no slouch either. Also I love the qwerty bar form factor. This is actually my 2nd Treo I had owned the Treo 750 before. This year palm went live with their new operating system called WebOS with it their flagship device name Pre and now they have the Pixi. Both devices have yet to reach Asia though.

With the release of their new OS and new devices palm has said that it will not make windowsmobile devices anymore.

The Treo Pro is not getting WM6.5 nor has the GSM version received any rom updates. I think they have EOL'd it prematurely it would have been nice to atleast get 1 ROM update. Somehow this saddens me the Treo was a pretty strong brand but I guess I can understand why palm is dropping it (for now atleast) from their roster. It has carried palm and windowsmobile os and I suspect they wanted to start clean with webOS. Avoid confusing the masses.

TBH I was excited about the Pre and webOS but it is taking too damn long for it to get released in our region. I have since bought an iPhone 3GS to complement my Treo Pro. WebOS seems nice but it looks like it needs to grow a bit more.

And so this post is dedicated to the Treo brand. Farewell.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts