Skip to main content

Review|Amazon Kindle App for iPhone

I love to read but I don’t think I can justify getting a standalone device just for eBooks. I still have dozens of books for Microsoft Reader or in PDF on my WM device. Besides I’ve always loved the idea of convergence so getting a Kindle is not high on my priorities. Enter the Amazon Kindle App for iPhone.

The Amazon Kindle costs USD 279 sans SHiT (Shipping, Handling including Taxes) well they have an iPhone App so I think I can forgo getting the hardware.

The app itself is pretty simple.

IMG_2035

You have font size options (always appreciated)

IMG_2037

and the ability to lock reading mode in landscape or portrait. Also options to change the font color.

 IMG_2040

The App also syncs up your last read page to Amazon’s WhisperNet cloud using WhisperSync which is ideal if you have the Kindle hardware. So I guess if Oprah is able to jedi mindtrick me into buying the reader then my books will be synced up and ready for reading.

What’s missing of course is text-to-speech function but seriously who wants a robot reading your books for you when you can get REAL/performed audiobooks from Audible.com (I think they are owned by Amazon too??)

Gotchas:

iTunes US Account needed to get the app. No OTA (over the air) purchase of ebooks, you have to buy them from your computer. But they are delivered to your iPhone/iPod Touch OTA.

Price:

It’s free and that’s unbeatable.

Pros:

Works with iPhone and iPod Touch

Books are cheap

Cons:

No OTA purchase for the Philippines

Links:

Amazon Kindle site

Amazon Kindle iPhone App (via iTunes)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts