Skip to main content

Nokia’s N97 Not So Smartphone… Actually It’s Retarded

I was at the Nokia store while I was waiting for my Treo Pro to get replaced. Of course I went straight to the dummy models (they don’t display live phones anymore; fear of stealing I guess). I was playing with the N97’s slider and tilt system. Looks really sturdy, however it seems that it goes tilt only; you can’t just slide it up.

The guy noticed I had to smartphones so he smelled a potential sale. He comes up to me and starts spouting specs like an frakin’ sub-machinegun. He knows his product great training Nokia. So WiFi, 3G, Bluetooth, 5MP, wow… pretty impressive ey… touch screen ooooooh…

Finally I got tired of playing with the slider and asked him the most important question.

Does this phone recognize similar numbers?

At this moment the guy already new that he has lost this sale. It is not your fault well groomed, well trained but of questionable sexual orientation sales dude/tte it’s the product’s fault.

You see folks in the year 2009 Symbian Series 60 Feature Pack whatever… STILL CANNOT RECOGNIZE SIMILAR NUMBERS. Don’t believe me? I tried this for myself using a loaner Nokia E51 (test was done with no other contacts). Which was a perfectly good phone except for this glitch.

Make a contact

Name = Test

Mobile = 0917+your number

Mobile2 =  0922+your number

send yourself an SMS and sit back and be amazed how a smartphone can be so dumb. Yes ladies and gents: the phone get’s confused that easily… I am unsure if their S40 devices have the same issues (can someone test? and comment back?) Shouldn’t this be just a simple software fix? Seriously Nokia before you add a gajillion Gb of memory and 25 megabillion pixels, a diaper changing station and solar panels to your phone it might be a good idea to fix the frakin’ software first. Nokia call quality and hardware have been beyond reproach but the software needs to be improved a lot.

I will never consider S60 as a smartphone OS until they fix this problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

SingTel HiCard GPRS settings