Skip to main content

Old 'New' Box Up and Running

Got my old 'new' desktop for the office up and running today.
--
I'm calling it old 'new' because it's new but technically old.
--
Intel 1.8 Ghz Dual Core [same processor as my last MSI Notebook which is about 2 years old]
2048 DDR2 667Mhz RAM
ECS P4M900 Motherboard
Lite-on 20x Super Drive
Inno3D NVDIA 7300GT 512Mb VRAM
Seagate 80Gb 7200RPM HDD - OS/Apps [from my old P4 box]
Seagate 320Gb 7200 RPM HDD - Storage [from my old P4 box]
--
Basically, my processor was upgraded to dual core 1.8Ghz, RAM was doubled to 2Gb, Video RAM was quadrupled from 128Mb. I swapped in both my HDD's from my old P4 box, inserted the installation disc for the motherboard and installed the necessary drivers, installed the video card driver, re-activated XP and am now up and running again, total excluding download time a little less than 10 minutes. I can't say I see any real speed or performance benefits except for Photoshop CS2 opening up a bit faster but that might be a placebo effect. I do enjoy the fact that the new casing I got has 2 USB ports up front as well as the mic and earphone jacks. My old case had all the connectors aft. I bet I can run Vista on this setup but I'm happy with XP for now. I don't want to invest so much on an office PC anyways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone

Add iPhone X "horns" to your Android Smartphone Available on GitHub

How To Export iCloud Contacts to Google Contacts